Sunday

Getting better ..


May 27, 2007

2007 has been a rough year .. mother died in January, husband Rich (32 years together) died in March, (photo to the right was taken in Ketchikan in September 2006 on our Alaskan cruise) a friend died on my birthday in April, I am selling my home in Oregon and moving to California to live with my sister and brother-in-law (they're building an in-law apartment for me and I should be able to occupy it in July). To top it all off, I came down with shingles a month after my husband's death and if you ever get it, don't believe that it only lasts a couple of weeks ... I've had it for almost five weeks so far ... yes, it's a lot better and I've been able to sleep through the night for about a week now ... but I'll be glad when the extreme discomfort goes away altogether and I don't have to take anymore pain pills. I do have advice though ... put witchhazel on the rash about six times a day .. let it air-dry .. it will dry up the pustules quickly so they don't become gross and scarring.
Here's a photo of my dear mother .. the Alzheimers had taken hold here but she was still a warm, caring, humorous lady.



1 Comments:

At May 28, 2007 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Mary said...

Hi Jen - I enjoyed reading about your Alaskan cruise and your pics are great. So glad that you were able to take Rich on that trip - I can see he had a wonderful time.

Hope so much that this year soon improves for you - so much sadness these first few months - know you will be strong though.

Good luck with your blog - your life will be different as you gradually meet new friends around the globe!
I'll visit you again so keep writing.
Mary (ACROSS THE POND)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home