Friday

OREGON

I went back to Oregon for a few days(the first time since my husband died in March '07) to see old homes .. visit friends .. and get back to the beauty that is Oregon. I stayed at the Riverside Inn, Grants Pass (55mi north of the CA border on I-5) .. we lived there for 10 years. They have these fantastic blue jet boats that take you on rides along the Rogue River, over rapids - trips that include lunch, dinner or just sightseeing. They're a 'must do' when you're in town.

This is a shot of the Rogue River just past Hell Gate canyon where they've filmed a few well-known westerns - and The River Wild. I have floated down the river a few times in an inflatable (Tahiti) one-person kayak .. so much fun!!



My friend took me and her daughter to a favorite camping spot of hers. It's not usually busy because it's out-of-the-way, there are no hookups or showers and it's quite secluded ... but it's beautiful. This stream is crystal clear and deep enough to swim in certain areas ..


Here's another photo of that beautiful area and the greenery that folds over the edges of the water, like Mother Nature tenderly caressing the stream.




I drove over to Brookings on the coast . just 10 miles north of the CA border .. we lived there for ten years too ... I'd still be there if it was a little bigger town - although I love the small-town feeling. Here's a pic of the Pacific from Crissey Field beach .. a new area they've created as a visitor center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home