Sunday

Photography ... Oregon

May 27, 2007


One of my great passions is amateur photography - with my Pentax and my Sony digital, I enjoy driving around looking for unusual places or things to shoot ... and particularly strange cloud formations and skies.
Oregon (where we lived for 22 years) is a beautiful state ... the eastern part is scrub desert and high desert, then there are the Cascades and the Siskiyous (mountain ranges) with Crater Lake National Park (Oregon's only national park) being a shining star in southern Oregon, and there are the verdant valleys ... Willamette, Umpqua and Rogue with their respective rivers ... over the Coast Range of mountains and you have the most awesome coastal drive in the country.



This snag was taken at Crater Lake just after the crow graciously threw a pose for me.
My husband and I used to take drives for half a day, two or three days .. whenever and wherever the whim took us. There's so much beauty in the Oregon countryside .. so many rivers, rolling hills and trees.


This photo is one of the many creeks we passed on our travels. In fact, one of the best photos I took of a creek was published in a local calendar .. I'll add it here at a later date ..





This unusual rock formation was hovering above the Umpqua River as we drove inland from the coast .. what a lovely drive ..





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home