Monday

Photography .. Alaska Cruise 2006

May 28, 2007



Rich and I took our first (and only) cruise to the Inside Passage in 2006. He had been ailing and lost some weight but we booked the cruise a year earlier, and thought if we don't go when we can, we may never get the chance. (As it turned out, his health continued to decline and he died six months later so I'm glad we decided to go).
I'm just posting a very few of the gazillions of photos I took and I hope you enjoy looking at them. The cruise meant so much to us and we both really enjoyed ourselves. We were very lucky in that we enjoyed the best weather of any of the prior Inside Passage trips the ship had taken that year. We had some cloudiness in Juneau but elsewhere we saw mostly clear skies and lots of sunshine. Norwegian Cruise lines and their 'freestyle cruising' is definitely the way to go!



This sailboat photo was taken at Juneau .. he sailed back and forth for quite a time and I sat on our deck watching him ... as the sun was setting behind the hills, it cast a beautiful light over the water and over the sailboat .. it's one of my favorite scenic shots from the cruise.



The ship's photographer was busy in Glacier Bay .. my friend on the left is Jen .. her and hubby David were in the next cabin to ours and they live in Wales .. we got along famously and enjoyed the cruise all the more because they were there.



Here I am on our deck, waving at Jen on her deck as we were nearing Glacier Bay. I have a nice warm parka on but I was wearing shorts too! (only mad dogs and English ...)




Ketchikan was a fun visit .. we took a horse-drawn carriage tour around town. Rich's heart and lungs were a real problem so we couldn't take some of the trips we wanted to and opted for the easier ones but we really had fun regardless. As long as we were together, we enjoyed it all.




This was taken as we entered Glacier Bay .. Rich was on our deck and ready for the cool weather .. it's one of my favorite cruise photos.






This great photo shows Rich and I (right and left) and Jen and David at one of the restaurants on the Norwegian Star .. we met them every day for lunch and/or dinner and to catch up on our travels ashore.



This photo was taken as we disembarked in Victoria BC on our final day of the cruise .. the only 'foreign country' we visited! lol


It was truly a week to remember and after all the sadness of this year, it's memories I return to often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home