Monday

My brother-in-law passed away


We lost my brother-in-law Sterling on January 8th after his long battle with cancer.
This is one of my favorite photos of him .. it was taken as we were flying back home from a weekend at the lake house last July. I was sitting next to the pilot and he was in back seat (his choice) and I held my little camera above my head, pointed it back and down, and took this photo.
If you're interested, his obit is on www.sfgate.com - then you'll have to search for obituaries - it'll only be on there until February 9th I believe.
He put up a valiant fight to live for many years - such a strong person! He was a really nice man and a lot of people are going to miss him.

2 Comments:

At January 12, 2010 at 5:41 AM , Blogger Mary said...

This is a lovely post Jen, just enough in remembrance of such an outstanding man. In that pic you really caught how I remember Sterl, always looking about and taking in everything around him. He certainly fought harder than anyone I've ever known to keep going, and continued to live big and enjoy it all.

He will be so missed but always remembered and loved by so many.

 
At January 12, 2010 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Bob said...

Yes, Sterling will indeed be missed by many people. He was a wonderful man. It has been my great pleasure in having known him all these years. The comfort and aid you have shown to Sterl, Paula and the rest of the family has been outstanding. Your compassion undoubtedly helped him through the many difficulties he faced over the past several years. Additionally, you havd been a source of great strength for Paula as well. Bless you, Jen.

Bob in Raleigh

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home