Tuesday

I really miss Oregon

May 29, 2007

Today has been very hectic .. I'm not used to California living yet, I spent 22 years in southern Oregon and with its laid-back atmosphere, beautiful green hills (lots that they haven't built on yet), rivers, clean air and water ... and where 'commute time' consists of maybe 30 cars doing 15mph for three or four blocks!
I'm wondering if I've done the right thing .. there's so much going on in my life that I'm trying to deal with and I don't think anyone understands what I'm going through .. except for those who've been through the same thing. Losing the love of my life, then getting shingles, then trying to sell my house which is being made more difficult by a third party who's not cooperating, worrying about how I'm going to sell most of my furniture and 'stuff', and pack the rest to move 430 miles ... and I'm not even there in my home to do the work. I have no friends here except one who I haven't seen yet because she has such a busy life (the norm down here) ... and she has no computer, so I can say that ... but I have family.

I think about Rich every single day, several times a day ... and I cry every day. My emotions are right at the surface ... I'll be glad when they go back to where they belong.

Here's another photo of Rich when we first boarded the Norwegian Star in Seattle .. we stayed on our deck for ages, watching the passengers walk up the ramp and come aboard.. It was touch and go whether we went on the cruise ... we had been to Crater Lake and he was unable to cope with the altitude .. we had no idea what was happening to his heart and lungs at the time .. and we had to take it easy on the cruise, but he really enjoyed it so much.

2 Comments:

At May 29, 2007 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Zack said...

Jen: you are doing GREAT!! So glad that you had the foresite to go on the Alaskan Cruise..Be sure to call on us if there is anything we can do here to help you make the transition!! Our Son is still hanging in there, but getting very weak. Is bed-ridden now and sleeping a good deal of the time..We keep in touch with family there. Best to you!! Art & Phyllis..

 
At May 30, 2007 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Mary said...

Hi Jen - know it's a big transition for you especially with your family members there being on the go constantly. P & S will never stay home, we all know that!!!! Know you will eventually settle though - and your deep sadness will turn into beautiful memories of your many years with Rich. So glad he got to go on the cruise.
Hugs, Mary

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home