Wednesday

UPDATE ON SQUIRRELS

Here's your sign, "Stupid", is back to his old ways ...
My new metal feeder is nice to look at, keeps the food dry, smart squirrels have learned how to get in to get the food .. but not "Stupid" .. now he's chewing the support post that the feeder is attached to (along with the top deck!!!). I suppose it's out of frustration or maybe he thinks if he chews long enough, the feeder will fall and the bounty will be his!
The only thing I could think of quickly was aluminum foil, so I wrapped the post in foil . . between the bottom of the feeder and the deck railing. This was a great deterrent for three days but now he's torn the foil and started chewing the post again. I just don't know what to do to stop him.
When I go to the store, maybe I'll buy some tabasco or cayenne and put that on the wood ... and when one of our friends returns this weekend I'll see what he can come up with .. maybe wrap the post with wire or metal of some kind. If anyone has any ideas, please share them with me!
Will post pics. later ...

2 Comments:

At February 27, 2008 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Kim said...

Flashing! Aluminum flashing. Even a stupid squirrel can't get through that! Good luck to you in the battle of the squirrel. Fondly, Kim

 
At March 2, 2008 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Val said...

We have the same problem. Sorry no ideas. I wiil be watching your blog to see if you get any suggestions.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home