Saturday

Almost Christmas 2007

So far so good .. as long as I don't think too much about Christmas, I'm OK ... but I miss Rich very much in all aspects of my life. I seem to tear-up at the drop of a hat ... my poor dentist has seen that first hand! My down days are rare now and I'm actually getting used to living alone .. I never thought I would.

My plans are a Christmas eve dinner here at my sister's home (and my home), then Christmas dinner at my nephew's home .. only 20 minutes' drive from here .. then I'll get through New Year's alone as sis is off to AZ for a week.

Here are some new arrivals ... my four Mountain Minnows have reproduced .. apparently they give birth to live young .. I left for a trip to town and mama was still 'fat' and when I came back, these little dots and dashes were in the tank ... They're up at the surface .. there must be 50 of them .. there are bubbles on the surface of the water and the babies are the little 'dashes' ... a big cluster at the top left .. I'll be interested to see how fast they grow.



My sister had an office party here at the house and that was quite fun ... two blackjack tables, a palm reader and food for 5,000! Then some friends came over a couple of nights ago and I catered that! I made some English sausage rolls, awesome canapes and cheese log so if you're interested, I may share the recipe.

This is all for now .. more to come after Christmas ...

1 Comments:

At December 29, 2007 at 6:17 PM , Blogger Mary said...

How come I never get invited to Paula's parties where they feed 5,000!!!? Yea, I know, I'm 3,000+ miles away!

Jen - you sound like a terrific cook - or perhaps your new title should be Chef. Paula told me about the great meals you prepare for them. Will you be preparing a fish pie soon - sorry, that was uncalled for!!
I'm glad you are keeping busy - and I know how much you missed dear Rich over the holidays.

Best wishes for this coming year dear.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home