Sunday

Lonesome me

It's Sunday and yesterday I had another meltdown .. today hasn't been so bad. I can't believe how totally alone I feel .. after 32 years of being with someone who loved and cared for me .. and now being alone with no one to talk to or discuss things with .. no one to say "yes, that's a good place to hang the picture", or "let's watch ---- tonight".
I remember when my mother first came over here a few years after my dad died, she said she missed him because there was no one to choose things with or show off a new piece of clothing to ... and I thought I understood but I didn't at that time. NOW I DO!
I bought a squirrel feeder, borrowed an electric drill and attached it to an upright on my deck ... all that have been eating out of it so far are Chickadees and Jays! At the other end of the deck, I hung up a brand new feeder (for Chickadees!!!) which no one has touched yet! Between both is my hummingbird feeder ...
Thank you for 'listening'.

1 Comments:

At September 17, 2007 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Mary said...

I wish I could help when you have a bad day Jen - if only this country wasn't so wide I would be on your doorstep......you could rant and rave or cry on my shoulder!
It would be easy to tell you just wait a bit longer and things will be fine - but they probably won't be. It could take many years to mend a broken heart - nobody but you will know when that time arrives. However, you will slowly but surely feel better most days as time goes on, and you are allowed to have a meltdown now and then - it's good for your soul.

I can send you a couple dozen squirrels - we have a garden full and they eat all our birdseed. The chickadees are such sweet little birds - you can train them to eat seeds from your hand.
Take care - thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home