Friday

Still waiting

It's been just over three months since I lost my dearest Rich. It's been just over two months since I developed shingles. Both are still with me .. in varying degrees.
My 'apartment' is coming along nicely .. my bedroom and laundry room/office should be completed by Monday some time ... thank goodness. My bathroom MAY be done then too but it's being tiled and that takes a long time .. worth the wait though I'm sure.
I found another photo taken on a drive around the part of Oregon where we lived ... it's a nice photo so I'll put it here for you to enjoy ...

Oregon is such a beautiful state ... so clean, green and peaceful. It was a culture shock to come back to California ... to the place I met Rich over 32 years ago. I wonder what he would think of my moving back here and moving in with my sister ... I'm sure he would consider it a better option for me than living alone and he always made sure I was happy. He was the dearest man ... he made sure I felt his love .. by little gestures, looks, touches, words ... he was exceptional in every way and I'll never find another man like him ... and I wont be looking for one either!

4 Comments:

At June 29, 2007 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Janice said...

Hi, I found your blog on the "Across the Pond blog.
I wanted to say what a beautiful tribute you have made to your beloved husband. You have described and shared such wonderful times and pictures of your times together.
I understand your circumstances because my husband died 9 years ago, also in March. He was 51 and I was 49. And I can share that when it happened I was in a state of numbness followed by profound sadness. And all I can say is that I would rather have had the 27 1/2 years with him with the sadness, then to not have had our time together. Also, I can share that since he has died, he is still so every much with me. He has helped me in so many ways, and continues to do that even now. I believe that love continues to grow stronger with the passage of time. We learn new ways of doing things, and it is true that healing comes to the heart and body. This I know for certain. Take care for now, Janice

 
At July 6, 2007 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I also found your blog on "Across the Pond" and am so glad to meet yet another Brit in America :-)

Blackpool was one of the places my parents took us many times because it wasn't too far from our home in Hale, Cheshire. We took our own children there to see the lights when we lived in Southport. Fun memories.

So glad you are making progress after the sad loss of your husband. What a wonderful life you had with him.

 
At July 30, 2007 at 9:50 AM , Blogger Blackpool Rocks said...

Hello Janice .. thank you for your kind words.
No-one knows what it's like to lose a spouse until it's happened to you .. it's not the same as losing a parent (I lost my mother two months before Rich) or child .. it's like losing half of yourself.
It's only been just over four months and it still takes very little to make me tear-up.
I talk to him all the time just like he's still here .. and I hope he is!

 
At July 30, 2007 at 9:53 AM , Blogger Blackpool Rocks said...

Hello Anne: After my little holiday with the "English 8" (see today's post) I firmly decided to go home and 'regenerate' next year .. either spring or autumn. I plan to fly to Manchester where my best friend lives, then I'll visit Blackpool (and visit the Magnificent 8) and I hope to visit the Lake District and south Wales ..
Thank you for your post.
Jen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home