Thursday

The FEDS

Today I had the pleasure of dealing with the FEDS (up close and personally)!
I had to have my fingerprints taken ... and I was pleasantly surprised to find out I didn't need the black ink daubed all over my fingers . . I liked the digital process where they get scanned directly into a computer. It took about ten minutes and some prints had to be done over and over until the computer said "OK" ... but when I asked the female FED, when I'd be hearing from someone next, she informed me that I might be called back. Of course, I asked WHY? She said if they don't accept some of the fingerprints, they'll have to take them again. OK .. everyone together now: "If she didn't think they would be accepted, why didn't she keep doing them until they were all "OK" ?"
I do not want to make another 60 mile round trip and pay $7.50 parking fee just to re-do what should have been done correctly to begin with ...
But ... these are the FEDS!!!

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Mary said...

Oh yes, remember having to do the fingerprint process to apply for citizenship about 8 years ago (is this what you're doing?) and it was terrible. I was given appointments and made two trips to Charlotte (where the NC Immigration office is) once by car and again by train - a long, miserable, very expensive day and in 95 degree heat, whew!! No luck each time - couldn't get clear prints. Then had them done twice in Raleigh at the Police Dept., no good, then in Durham at Police Dept. where they did have the computer - but still not clear. In the end they said they would be accepted because they could not try again. Just think - all those years I could have been a "cat burglar" and they would never have been able to catch me, tehe!!!

Hope you're doing better - just got back from Pacific NW and British Columbia - fabulous to have 10 days in cooler weather and beautiful scenery.

 
At July 30, 2007 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Blackpool Rocks said...

Hello Mary: I'm finally back blogging .. been very busy (see current posting) ...
There was a letter waiting for me when I returned to San Carlos from the INS commenting on a question I had raised on April 30th and that they were forwarding it on to my local office to be handled. This raises the questions: (1) why did this take so long (April 30 - July 20) and (2) don't they know it wasn't a question .. I was merely informing them of my new address which they have because they used it to mail the letter to me!
Our tax dollars at work! lol
Sounds like you had just as much competence in your dealings with them .. and yes, I'm applying for dual citizenship. I cannot give up my British!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home