Wednesday

SOME OF MY FAVORITE SCENIC SHOTS

I took my camera with us wherever we went ... we RVd a lot and when Rich could no longer do that, we took day trips or weekenders in our car. There's so much beauty out there ...



We lived on the southern Oregon coast (Brookings) for ten years and I took this from our back deck early one morning. We were fortunate to find a place to live up in the hills, just outside of town and out of the coastal fog .. no neighbors close by and lots of wildlife .. including a nosy black bear .. that story will come later!


Natural Bridges, on the Oregon coast, is a photo op that no-one passes up. One day, Rich walked down the pathway and crossed the 'bridge' on the left of the picture ... no way was I going to venture down there!



This is Lewis Creek ... near Brookings. In order to get this shot, we had to leave our car on the dirt road and climb a fence to get to this area but it was well worth it. This photo was purchased from me for an Oregon calendar and I have it framed and on my wall.



Beauty can be found anywhere, if you're just willing to look. There's no need to travel afar ... there's plenty to see in your own 'back yard'. This is one of the numerous rivers in southern Oregon .. we drove alongside it on one of our day-trips.

One of my favorite movies is the African Queen and I named this photo the Siuslaw Queen. We stayed one weekend in Florence (central Oregon coast) in a riverfront motel and when this boat sailed by, I got my binoculars to look for Bogie and Hepburn!


This photo is one of my absolute favorites and is hanging on my living room wall. It is Mount St. Helens taken from the back side (99% of people take the front shot, showing the caldera .. not me!) If you look closely, you can see a plume of steam rising.


If you have never seen "The Redwoods", it's worth a trip .. they are breathtaking. This is Rich with Gypsy and Martini in northern California. This tree isn't one of the largest Sequoias by any means, but you can see how magnificent they are. We love them so much, we planted 101 Sequoias on our land in Brookings and within five years some were 25' tall.




What can I say? This photos says it all ... and yes, it's in southern Oregon.





This is another breathtaking river but when I saw this rock formation I had to take a picture ... how unusual it is!





Just enjoy the view!





On one of our many visits to Crater Lake National Park (Oregon's only national park) I was busy trying to compose a one-of-a-kind shot of the lake itself, when I saw this huge crow (or maybe a raven) land on a snag ... and as I got close to him, he graciously showed me his profile for one great shot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home