Sunday

Am I a Geek???

Used to be I was totally up to date on all the new fangled gadgets going around - owned and operated them ... well ... hellooooo BLUETOOTH! First of all .. where did that name come from? I never really knew what it was and I'm not sure I know now but I'm using it/them/him.
I had to sign up for a local cell number because my Oregon carrier was losing money on me with all the calls I was making from San Carlos, with an Oregon number. I ended up going with Verizon .. not because of the TV commercials, but because the website was easier to navigate and the cost is about the same as anyone else.
I bought a new RAZR (where did that name come from?) and went back 2 days later to buy the handsfree earpiece .. not just any old earpiece, but a BLUETOOTH thingy. I had to bring it home to charge it up then I tried to follow the instructions for both my RAZR and the BLUETOOTH gadget to get them talking to each other. That went about as well as can be expected .. which resulted in another trip to the Verizon store in Redwood City where a young man showed me how to get them going. SUCCESS at last!
Next problem was getting the blasted earpiece over my ear, so the little nozzle that's the 'speaker' fits inside my ear. That took many tries on both ears, much swearing .. until finally I got it to fit ... (sigh of relief)
Then I realized that the phone and the earpiece were no longer talking to each other ... not to worry, I was talking to both of them, in no uncertain terms.
Determined as I am to stay up-to-date with the new gadgets, I finally succeeded and I'm sitting here with the BLUE 'thing' in my left ear, feeling like a BORG!

THIS IS THE NEXT DAY. I woke with new resolve and tried the BLUETOOTH again .. when it's operating a little icon shows up on your cell phone ... yes, it's there! Everything looks right. Walk around the house, use computer, put things away, make bed, make breakfast, etc. etc. with the BORG thing on my ear, check the phone ... oops .. the little icon has disappeared. Phone call to Verizon ... MAKE NOTE OF THIS EVERYONE ... YOU ACTUALLY TALK TO SOMEONE HERE IN THE U.S.!!!! Very helpful young lady walked me through everything ... I actually think I know what I'm doing and now I'm an official GEEK!!

1 Comments:

At September 28, 2007 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Mary said...

Jen I know that today will be a difficult one for you. Paula told me it was Rich's Birthday too! I'm thinking of you and hoping you are OK and managing your pain.
Love and hugs, Mary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home