Saturday

General Updates

*...I aced my citizenship test and will be sworn in at the beginning of May in San Francisco. I will became a dual citizen of the UK and USA at that time. And I'll be able to vote .. after 44 years in the US!

*..."Stupid" has not improved at all. He still runs over to the squirrel feeder ... stands on his tippy-toes, checks out the bottom of the feeder (solid metal), looks at the food through the plexiglas windows, then trots off, totally befuddled! We have wrapped the wooden 4x8 upright in sheet metal so at least he can't chew it anymore .. now I'm watching to make sure he doesn't start chewing somewhere else!

*...Trip to Costa Rica is postponed due to poor health of a couple of friends who were going along. We're hoping to reschedule perhaps in November .. it'll be a tad bit cooler then too.

*...My grief has greatly abated .. it's been just short of a year now since dear Rich died and even though I think of him every single day, I am used to not having him around anymore. He was my strength and support for so many years. I'm not looking forward to March 20th ... and not looking forward to scattering his ashes in the Bay as was his wish ... but both will come and go and I'll still be here.

I think that's all for now ... been rather quiet lately. Thanks for visiting.

1 Comments:

At March 5, 2008 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Mary said...

I didn't know you were not a citizen yet - I didn't get mine until about 10 years ago. Had a difficult time because they can't get clear fingerprints - had them done about 8 times and in the end they had to give up!! (Of course there's been nobody worth voting for anyway in these past 10 years - and it's not going to change from the look of it!!).

Sorry the C.R.trip is cancelled. Know the 20th will be a difficult day for you but I'm proud of you Jen - you've handled your grief in losing your Mum and Rich close together, your move and setting up a new home, and so many changes. You are a brave and strong soul dear.

Please say hi to P&S - tell her I'm so busy but am thinking of them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home