Thursday

Miscellany

Let's start off the blog with a happy scene .. this is the beach in Tarragona, Spain .. it was the first holiday my sister and I took without our parents .. and it was such fun!! This pic (I'm on the left) was taken later in the day (you can tell by the shadows) and probably by one of our three Polish friends or our three English friends. One day, I'll write about some of the crazy things that happened there!)

********************************

*.. Even though 'Stupid' hasn't figured out how to get the food out of the squirrel feeder, one of the local chickadees has! At the top of the Plexiglas enclosure, there are 'breathing' holes and one is just large enough for the little fellow to hop in, grab a shelled sunflower seed, and hop out. And I thought squirrels had larger brains than birds!

*.. We're coming up on the anniversary of dear Rich's death (March 20th) and it's not very easy for me at the moment ... good thing is, as everyone tells me, things get easier after the first year ...

*.. Upcoming happy times: trip to Kentucky, trip to Oregon, get sworn in as an American citizen (I'll have dual citizenship) ...

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2008 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Mary said...

Hi Jen - think you forgot to post the date of that photo - people may think you and P are still looking so young, lol!!!

Hope your dentist apt. goes well Mon. P. just e-mailed Jasmin and told us you were all at Almanor - in the snow!!!

We've just had a good day with Jasmin but did notice her attitude changed as soon as Kim showed up to get her. So sad - I see a difficult time ahead during the teen years for them both!

Know I will be thinking of you on the 20th in case I don't have a chance to contact you that day. Life does go on as you well know, but I can imagine there are still difficult days for you. Be strong - make the best of each day as Rich would have wanted.
Hugs - Mary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home