Sunday

YEAH for the MUTE button

Pet Peeves:

(1) Billy Mays

As soon as I hear that "Billy Mays here ...", I grab for the remote and hit the MUTE button.
How did this overbearing, bellicose pitchman get so much air time on TV?



(2) E.D. ... I'm so fed up of hearing about men's 'PROBLEMS' ... I didn't know there were so many in need of help! Can't they put these ads on late in the evening or just put them on 'guy shows' ... they even had the nerve to air them in the middle of a Star Trek I was watching ... !!! Now that's sacrilegious!


(3) Moment of Truth? ... It never ceases to amaze me what people will admit to, for money! .... And what viewers will watch! (me included) BUT, this show has the most commercials of any show on TV. So now, I tape the show, then pick it up about 25 minutes into the airing and fast forward through the commercials and end up about the same time the show does! I don't usually do this but I'm sick of all the breaks .. Notice how they come back and replay the last minute or so of the show ... if they ran it straight through, it would probably take up about 35 minutes of air time, out of an hour!

1 Comments:

At June 28, 2008 at 4:33 PM , Blogger John said...

But, then there is Vince, with ShamWOW!
You ought to check out youtube for Billy Mays. There is a good blooper of him accidentally falling forwards into a bathtub while shouting about a product that cleans tubs.
Maybe you ought to check out my blogs:
http://bloggerjohn.bravejournal.com/
http://bloggerjohn2.bravejournal.com/
http://legendinmymind.com/
I do a lot of ranting and complaining, and in my bloggerjohn2 archives, I even have an entry about how annoying Billy Mays is!
Have fun
John

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home