Wednesday

California's Roasting!

Bad enough we have all the wildfires, but now we have a heatwave to boot! I'm back in San Carlos from the lake and I drove through Red Bluff at 113° and the temperature stayed high until I got to the east bay when it dropped to 77° ... of course, it went up again when I drove west across the San Mateo bridge ... it's been around 90° here for a couple of days ...

I was watching a large crow today, hopping around with its beak wide open for extra air and cooling ... even the squirrels are suffering. It wasn't long after I filled up the feeder, that my friends came around ... I have a pond on my deck and a bird bath ... I make sure it's kept filled ... but this little guy was just exhausted from the heat!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home