Saturday

I NEED SOME GOOD NEWS!!

* I took myself to a new orthopedic surgeon to get a second opinion on my hip/groin ever-increasing pain which has been plaguing me for five years .. Apparently, the osteoarthritis in my right hip is 'substantial' .. and the groin pain I've been experiencing is bone pain ... bone-on-bone. The variety of NSAIDs available isn't the greatest. I'm already taking prescription Ibuprofen. I can't walk more than a block without crippling pain .. so I'll have to consider hip replacement at some time. My dad had a hip replaced and my sister has similar problems to me so it's genetic .. why I couldn't inherit my mother's genes, I don't know .. but isn't that always the case.

* One of my friends from Brookings, OR died today .. Gerry Kesseler. He had moved to NC, then to MS to be close to his children. He was a character .. fought in Desert Storm .. an anglophile of sorts .. and died well before his time .. he wasn't even 60 years old!

1 Comments:

At June 23, 2008 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Mary said...

Sorry to hear this news Jen - perhaps you and P can go in together for hip replacement and get a big discount, LOL!!
Aches and pain come to us all at this stage in life - some mornings it's just hard to get out of bed isn't it?

Sorry you lost a good friend before his time.

I'll be anxiously awaiting news on Sterl - believe his surg. is tomorrow. Bob left for Sacramento this morning but will only be there tomorrow for a meeting and then flies on to Kansas City so no time to see you guys unfortunately.

Take care - tell Paula I'll try to get in touch with her tomorrow.
Hugs - Mary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home