Saturday

Updates


I went up to Lake Almanor again at the end of May to have the permanent caps put on my teeth ... bit of a chore but the end result was great. The weather was unusually cool, breezy and cloudy but I managed to take some interesting shots around the area. I love cloud formations!

The shot here should have had the lake covering the sandy-colored bar, leaving the trees out of the water but the lake is pretty low. The power company owns the lake and they are promising to release three feet of water into it shortly, followed by a drawdown of three feet in a month, and another three feet in another month.

On the way home from Lake Almanor, we drive through Chico and then down some back roads southwesterly to join I-5 just north of the I-505 turnoff. The trip takes us through some very small townships and through many farms and rice paddies. This photo shows several egrets ... there were about ten of them together but when I stopped the car, they flew a little farther away so I didn't get the optimal photo.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

This is my newest grand-nephew, Will, who's just short of six months of age and there's no way he looks like it! I was a roly-poly baby as well so maybe he's got a little more of my genes.




My new smile is getting plenty of workouts ... thank goodness I finally have something to smile about ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home