Friday

December 2008

This photo was taken from my deck and it's the full moon at its perigee .. the closest point of it's elliptical orbit to Earth .. hence it looks quite a bit larger than usual. From my apartment, I have a great view of the rising moon over the southern half of San Carlos township. Population a little over 22,000. It's a nice town with a very welcoming Laurel Street with a slew of places to eat outdoors .. in summer and winter.

I put my little Christmas tree on top of my imitation wood stove which looks very real with flickering flames ... and it has a heater too. Gone are the days of 7' fir trees with their Christmas scent and dropping needles! I've downsized everything but this year the Christmas Spirit lives on! I string ribbons around the top of a few walls and hang my Christmas cards over them to complete my decorations. Easy up, easy down. I also have a string of small Christmas lights on my deck which can be seen from afar.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

1 Comments:

At December 24, 2008 at 4:38 AM , Blogger Mary said...

Love your little tree Jen. Happy to know you are full of Christmas spirit and will have your family around you - lots of them!!!

Enjoy - and hug Paula and Sterl for me please.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.
See you in the New Year!!
Love - Mary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home