Tuesday

Two more of my Faves

On one of our trips north out of Oregon, we detoured to the south side of Mount St.Helens ... as you can see, it was perfect weather ... everyone goes to look at the 'front' where the side was blown out .. not us! We got this great shot from the 'back' ... I enlarged it and framed it in deadwood. You can see the rust colored brush on the hill to the right and look closely and you'll see a plume of steam rising from the crown. It was an incredible feeling to be that close to a volcano that did so much damage. I think this photo is one of my best ... but maybe I'm not entirely objective ...

There are so many absolutely breathtaking things to see in Oregon ... this is on the southern Oregon coast a few miles north of Brookings (where we lived for ten years).
The state built a viewing platform from which this was taken and on one ambitious day, Rich hiked down there and walked across the top of those arches. I thought that was quite brave, especially as he can't swim!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home